Friday, September 5, 2008

A visit from Aunt Shannon

Two weeks ago we had our last visitor for the summer arrive, in the form of Aunt Shannon! Shannon is one of my oldest and dearest friends, and her visit was the perfect way to end (**sniff, sniff**) my maternity leave. She also happens to have a 9 month old boy, so I get a little glimpse of my future each time I talk to her. It's pretty amazing to me that two girls who met as kids are now comparing stories about their own kids. But enough of the sappy-ness. =)

Shannon's visit to us had a two-fold purpose: #1) to come and meet Evan of course, and #2) to go to the Dave Matthews Band concert! It's a bit of a tradition. Last year Shannon came, and we went to see Dave while we were both pregnant (though I didn't know it yet), and now we're two Mamas. Oh-oh...sappy again. Dave was excellent this year as he played lots of older stuff that I recognized and I could belt out the lyrics with the best of them. Fun fun.

I can't believe how fast Shannon's visit came and went though. I felt a little bad since we basically sat around and did a whole lot of nothing, but good ol' Aunt Shannon said she understood (and she does) what it's like to have an almost-three month old. It also didn't help that Evan was supremely cranky for a few days of her visit, and so was out of sorts and not his usual happy self. (Turns out that not poo-ing for a few days could make anyone grumpy. Once he got it all out of his system, literally and figuratively, I had my happy babes back). We did watch a lot of movies though and Dave (my Dave) was absolutely wonderful in taking the bulk of the Evan-care so I could get lots of Jenny-Shannon bonding time in.

Evan was pretty taken with his Aunt Shannon, too:

All in all, it was a fabulous visit, and it meant so much to me that she could make it out to visit us. We're already scheming up a time when we can get our whole families together...wow, how weird is that to say?

1 comment:

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.