Saturday, September 6, 2008

Growth Spurt

I do have to say, returning to work has it's certain perks.

Evan has been going through a bit of a growth spurt we think, and as such has been more voracious than per his usual. Oh, I remember the days when 4 oz. of milk before bedtime would ensure that he would sleep through the night snug as a bug in a rug. Not so anymore! Lately he's been wanting 5 or 6 oz., and then is still waking up in the middle of the night with his "Feed me NOW NOW NOW!" cry.

Prior to me going back to work, Dave and I came up with the deal (more like I came up with it and poor Dave was obligated to agree) that if Evan wakes up in the middle of the night, Dave now has to get up and take care of him. I think it's only fair really, since if I'm a zombie at work I'll be completely useless, and Dave really can take a quick nap during the day if he needs to. But it's not the nicest thing for him really because he's realized that middle-of-the-night feeds supremely stress him out. And as such I am entirely grateful that he's actually willing to take this on.

So is it payback for the first few months of me having to wake up with Evan while Dave peacefully slept? Maybe. All I know is that it's such a guilty pleasure to hear Evan wake up at 3 a.m., watch Dave leave, and then turn over, snuggle in, and float blissfully back into Dreamland.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Those growth spurts are hard!!!! After almost 9m, Lily still gets up once a night to eat, little piggy! Hope Evan cuts Dave some slack and doesn't continue to wake up much longer :)