Monday, September 29, 2008

Random Acts of Friendship

Time to play catchup yet again...

I have a friend name James, who is the most random person I think I've ever met. He's really pretty great, and ever so interesting, but ever since I've known him he seems to pop up in the most random places, at the most random times of my life. Like when I did a study abroad in London and he happened to be passing through on his way to Africa, or when he decided to hop on a plane at the last minute to come to my friend Shannon's wedding, with no actual plans on how to get back. So suffice it to say, I wasn't all that shocked to get a text from him one day in August asking if he could stop by and meet Evan on his way through Phoenix, as he'd stopped going to school at Berkley to take a job in Lousiana to gain experience for a grad school program at Yale. After which he will proceed to save the world, starting in Peru. Yeah, follow that one.

In any case we were quite happy to have a visitor, and had quite a nice morning catching up. James was very tickled to see that he and Evan randomly matched, Go Berkley Bears, Go.

No comments: