Hooray, Evan hit a milestone today! He rolled over for the first time this evening, making for one very happy Mommy because I was the only one there to witness it. He'd been getting reeeeallly close for a few days now, especially when he was getting ticked off after he decided he'd been on his tummy for too long. One of the moms at work told me angry babies make the best roller-overs, conceivably because they're worked up enough to start pushing around, and voila. So this gave me encouragement to keep plopping the poor kid on his belly to see what would happen. And Ta-Da!!...
Just for kicks I put him on a blanket tonight in his nursery for some after-dinner tummy time, and before I knew it, he rocked...rocked...rolled! I don't think he actually knew what he did because he had this look of "Now how on Earth did I get here?" when he suddenly found himself looking up at the ceiling. 'Course it didn't help that I let out a great whoop and holler and jumped up and ran to get Dave, leaving the poor kid by his lonesome. =)
Then Dave came running, video camera in hand, and we tried it again and again and again. By the fourth again Evan'd had it and let us know he was d-o-n-e with rolling for the night, which was fine because he'd already totally made my day! I've been so worried that I would miss all the good stuff, being away at work and all, but at least I got to see this one first! What a big boy I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment