Saturday, July 19, 2008

Continuing the story...

At last I have a second to blog again...it's really amazing how fast these days are flying by!

Okay, so where was I? Evan's one week "birthday" was pretty eventful for him. Poor guy had an appointment for his circ do be done in the morning. Daddy couldn't watch, but I did (not sure I would ever watch one again though), and our little guy held in there like a champ.

Later on in the day, Evan went to his first wedding, and actually was the ringbearer! Our good friends Quinn and Kristen wanted to get married before heading off to Japan for two years (sniff!) and they asked Dave and I to be their witnesses. It was a beautiful ceremony, performed at the courthouse by Kristen's uncle, and, always the dapper gentleman, even Evan got to take part by holding their rings on his belly.

After the ceremony her uncle took us on a tour of his courtroom, where, in his first ever Career Day, Evan got to sit in the judge's chair. Or more accurately, he bucked the trend and actually sat on the judge's desk, but who's splitting hairs? So maybe we have a little lawyer in our future!


Afterwards we all went out to a fancy schmancy dinner, where he pretty much slept the whole time. We called the night a rousing success!

No comments: