As ever, I do not have the ability to simplify my life. In the midst of planning for a move, I also decided to start two year-long projects. Both have turned out splendidly so far. For one, I got a calendar and now nightly write a little note about what Emery and Evan did that day. I'm interested in chronicling all the little details that are so cute at the time but that get so quickly forgotten. Two, just like my cousin Peg, I am also taking a picture daily. I am actually shocked that (knock on wood) I have not yet forgotten to take a picture. Call me narcissistic, but I'm immensely enjoying this tracking of the daily minutia of our lives. My goal for this blog is to, if nothing else, post the daily pictures. So here goes:
1 Jan: Enjoying the warm Arizona winter, outside planting with Daddy.
2 Jan: Emery's sweet little toes
3 Jan: One last look at our Christmas tree...we started un-decorating it the next day, and it was recycled by the weekend.
4 Jan: "Ooooh, donut!"
5 Jan: Emery, enjoying her tummy time
6 Jan: A look at our family heirloom Christening gown. My Gramma's mother made it, Gramma and all her brothers and sisters wore it, my dad and aunt and uncles wore it, numerous cousins have worn it, Evan wore it, and now it's Emery's turn. I love tradition!
7 Jan: My little boy, trying to fill Daddy's big shoes.
8 Jan: Time to take down the Christmas lights! Evan had a ball climbing the ladder, and felt ever so important helping Daddy.
9 Jan: Happy Baptism, Emery! At First United Methodist Church
10 Jan: Still hanging on to the Christmas spirit: our Christmas card wall
No comments:
Post a Comment