Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

So much for New Year's resolutions and the desire to post news in a timely manner...

Ah, well, to play catch up yet again, I should talk about how January was for the Horne family. It was a great month, a little warm for my liking (yes, I know it seems odd for me to say that, but even I think 80+ degrees in January is just plain wrong...), and as ever it just sped by.

We started out the year quite well; I had the day off on New Year's Day, so we went as a family, including Dave's mom who decided to stay with us through New Year's, to the Desert Botanical Gardens to see the Chiluly exhibit. Chiluly is the name of a wonderful artist who does huge glass installations all over the world I think. For anyone who's been to Vegas, he's the one who did the ceiling of the Bellagio. Well he has an exhibit in the DBG until May, and oh my is it impressive. I think the most amazing thing about it is how well it fits into the DBG landscape; it's as if he made all the sculptures specifically for the garden even though he didn't. Most impressive. It was a gorgeous sunny day when we went, which made it all the better! Here's what I've been blabbering on about:

I highly recommend this to anyone who makes their out to Phoenix before May...hint, hint!

No comments: