As a sidenote, I never thought I'd be this mom. You know, the mom who wants the natural-fiber-wearing-cloth-diapering-homemade-organic-food-eating-breastfeeding-never-formula-feeding-baby-sling-riding-wooden-toy-playing-no-TV-watching baby kind of mom. But then again, I guess I'd never put that much thought into it before, until I had a baby and happened upon all these newfound passions. We don't have a totally green baby, as convenience and expense also weigh heavily into the equation, but our baby is most definitely at least a chartreuse. But I digress.
So Shannon and Gretchen are also on the green end of the scale, and as it happens, we all diaper our kids in the same brand of cloth diaper - the beloved BumGenius. Hooray for the BGs. And as it happens, Shannon and I have both been drooling over the cute cute cute pink BGs, which now also come in dark pink, and which our boys will never have (yes, I do know that real men wear pink; however, when baby boys wear pink people just think they're pretty little girls), which Gretchen's daughter Kaiya wears all the time. See, I told you my interests have changed! So, when all the kids got together, we just had to strip them down to just their skivvies and take the cutest-ever boy-girl-boy, blue-pink-blue diaper pictures. Which I'm sure our kids will hate us for one day, but which I will find eternally adorable. And to boot, we realized after the fact that all the kids were playing with their favorite wooden toys...how green are we?!?
And here we are, mommies and babies: Shannon and Will, Gretchen and Kaiya, Evan and I:
Evan, for his part, just adored being around both Kaiya and Will, as seen by his pure fascination in Kaiya, sitting pretty as a princess. Evan had just learned to sit up by himself the day before, and I think he was pretty impressed by how well Kaiya got herself around. (To say nothing of Will, who was cruising around like a mad man, like the one-year-old he is!)
3 comments:
Hi Jen, Dave and Evan,
I do soooooooooo enjoy all your Evan stories and family photos. Thanks!!!! Happy, happy New Year and may 2009 bring you continued joy with Evan. We love you. Hi to all.
Love, Aunt Sue
Go green momma! Everyday I'm surprised by my new found crunchiness. I've loved every minute of my cloth diapering-breast feeding-sling wearing-homemade babyfood making-organic crunchy momminess :)
Wow really nice collection of Green Baby Sling...
Post a Comment