Sunday, November 9, 2008

A long hiatus, and lots of developments

It's been a long time since I posted last...October was quite the busy month. I'll do my best to catch up...it's funny how much Evan has grown and how much he has learned just in the past month. I'm quite impressed with his motor skills... He is now actually reaching for his toys and grabbing them when he lays on his playmat (rather than just blithely watching them hanging above him), and he's mastered the art of grabbing his paci and taking it out of his mouth. He's not always the best at getting it back in, but he's getting there. He has also learned to roll over from back to tummy, but again, not the greatest at rolling back over again, which leads to lots of "Help me!" cries. Though just in the past few days he's getting much more adept at that as well.
He's also found his feet, and is pretty fascinated by his toes now. It's a little sad though, because I think his big cloth diapers impede his feet-finding efforts a bit, and we hear all sorts of grunting and gasping while the little guy is trying to work his abs to bring his feet closer for inspection. He's still absolutely crazy about standing up (with our help of course) and is such a curious kid, fascinated by literally everything he sees from his new vantage point.

His communication is coming along too... Evan's definitely found his voice in the past month. One of his favorite activities currently is squealing over and over again, I think just because he likes the sound of his voice. And we've recently heard his first true giggles...this is absolutely music to my ears. It's amazing how the sound of a baby laughing just makes your heart warm and your day brighter. So of course this means Dave and I have put ourselves into all sorts of silly situations and make crazy silly faces and noises just to make him laugh. Evan's favorite sounds to date include all kinds of raspberries and blubbering, and any kind of farty noise is sure to get a big smile. =)

Day to day it's hard to notice the difference, but looking back, Evan is a much different baby than he was even a month ago! What a ride.

No comments: